I never really thought about it, but sometimes it only takes a few words for your life to change drastically. I uttered this phrase when I called my ex back in September back when I just started university. I was quite buzzed when I called, but I have been thinking about breaking up for a while back then and decided it was the best decision.
Why? Because she lives in Vancouver and I and studying in Montreal and I have this thing where whenever I move, I detach all emotional feeling from my friends. I think it is a subconscious thing I have developed from moving around so much growing up, but of course, I realized it too late.
Looking back, I didn't expect my life to have changed so much just because of one simple sentence, and I didn't expect a relationship that have been built upon three years of trust to just be demolished so suddenly and so easily, without a fight.
Of course I turned back on my words and tried to fix things, but I guess a week was already too late? I have no idea. She met someone within a month after it ended. It was devastating, but I lived through it with the help of my friends. That's why we should always have a good group of friends, if it weren't for them I probably would have actually developed depression. So, my advice to you after breaking up with someone, is to occupy yourself with your friends.
Sometimes I think of what my life would've been like if I did not utter those simple words. But hey, life goes on and "if you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were." - Kahlil Gibran
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment